Supervisors must complete:
- Drug Free Employee Education
- Drug Free Supervisor Skill-Building Training
- Accident Analysis Training for Supervisors (a one-time, on-line training course)
The skill-building training session includes the following content:
- Behavioral Observation
- Documentation of Behavior
- Appropriate and Professional Behavior Confrontation
- Initiating Reasonable Suspicion Testing
- Making Referrals for Assistance/Substance Assessment
- How to Follow Up with Employees Returning to Work
Advanced & Basic Levels:
- The 2-hour training must be provided within four months of the initial program year or within 8 weeks of becoming a Supervisor.
- 2 hours of Supervisor Skill-Building Training in 1st year; 1 hour annually in subsequent years
- This training must be completed before beginning work on a state construction site.
- A one-time, 1 hour Drug Free Supervisor Skill-Building Training class must be provided